Monday, July 30, 2007

MY BROTHER MICHAEL


Where to begin. I have sat down to write may letters to people who have been so kind, gracious, and compasionate to my family but the words just do not come. I have never been very eloquent with words and now is no different, so please bear with me. My brother Michael, Big Mike as he was known to his co-workers, died suddenly and unexpetedly July 16, 2007. We were all in shock, my brain was numb and my body felt dull for over a week. My brother was a big guy (6'9"...well 1/4" shy of that), he saw life in black and white (right and wrong)...no grey in between, and that proved to be difficult for him growing up in school and later at work. But I belive he found his "nich" in life when he began working for KLOVE Radio in Rocklin, California as an IT Tech. He would ALWAYS talk fondly and with love of his co-workers and could not believe he was getting paid for what he was doing. He often would say "I get paid to pray" He was a solitary person for the most part but had a lot of love to give. He enjoyed fishing (eventhough he did not catch anything), computers, and gold mining. His heart was that of a child's and so was his faith...just as in Matthew 18:2-6. Like a child does, he saw the beauty of Gods creation in everything, whether is was a shooting star, a big fish swimming in the water, or a rainbow...just to name a few. He would also go out of his way to help people, whether is was giving some one a ride home...buying them lunch...putting gas in thier tank, or shaving his head for children with cancer he would do this graciously and with no expection of repayment. He would also drop what he was doing to help a friend regardless if it was going to interfere with something he wanted to do. I guess I am telling you all this because I want you to know the same person I did. Heaven is definately sweeter now that both my brother and mother are their.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T -
I linked to your blog through another one and read about your brother. I don't know how I missed hearing this at church, but I guess I did because I am sure it was mentioned. Your reflection on him is beautiful, precious. My brother died 21 months ago at the age of 34, and your entry brought back so much of that. Just know I am thinking of you and pray that God is continuing to surround you with his peace and grace in the coming months. Losing a brother is a wound, and healing does take time. Hang in there and take care ~
Blessings,
sb