Thursday, August 23, 2007

come and listen


Over the years I have spent many summers and a few cold January's ministering to orphan children in Targu Mures, Romania. I have said that if you can hold a child, play with a child, or love a child this mission trip is for you. Most of these children have heard the gospel and the promises of God but they have never experienced it. That is what we have been called to do, show them Christs love through our love...it is that simple. I know most of these children personally and have watched them grow. I love them! I have not been able to go to Romania to see them for 2 years and my love for them has only grown stronger in that absence. When I see their picture or think of them a tear comes to my eye. I pray for them by name that they would come to have the joy of knowing Christ and that Jesus would write His name on their hearts and their name on His hand.

2 comments:

Mihai (Mike) said...

Hey Trish! Oh the memories! That was beautiful. Thanks for posting this. Since you were last there in Targu Mures, a lot has changed. I too pray for these kids often. While conditions here in Romania have gotten better, there are still many children living in some very sad conditions.

Also wanted to say Madeline is adorable and it is neat to read about your adventures.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Please know my sympathies and prayers are with you.

God Bless!
Mihai

P.S. I posted lyrics to the song you requested on my blog after your comment.

Anonymous said...

Oh Trish. Mike passed this along to me and seeing your pictures made me cry! How beautiful. It has been just over a year since I have been in Romania and I ache for it. I hope you are doing well...God bless!

Callie