Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Madeline's Protest

We were getting ready for an appointment this morning when I noticed Madeline, all of 4 ½ years old, moving her guitar and keyboard into her sister’s room (not yet adopted from China but we are anxiously waiting). Madeline is very eager to be a big sister and is frustrated that the adoption has been taking so long. In fact, on a side note, she is already planning and praying for the adoption of her brother. Well I was busy getting both of us ready and asked her what she was doing, without really listening for a response. When she came into the bathroom to brush her teeth I said to her so you are having a party in your sister’s room? And she said, “no, I’m having a protest.” Thinking she had the word wrong I again said, you mean a party? And again she said, “no I’m having a protest that china is taking so long!” I then asked her if she knew what protest meant and she quickly and with confidence replied, “it is when you are mad and you want people to listen to you”

No comments: