Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a VERY SAD wednesday morning


I watched my first Olympic Judo tournament tonight (actually this morning @ 12:30) and did not have a clue about what was going on but I am a fan now. I wish I had better news but my brother-in-law, Brian Olson lost in the first round by 1 point to Diego Rosati from Argentina (Congratulations to Diego) in the golden score (sudden death) round on a penalty. To be honest, I did not see the penalty, but then again remember, I know absolutely nothing about Judo, I am learning as I go (thank goodness for Google). I am waiting to see if Brian will get to the Repechage Round to compete for the Bronze. For that to happen Diego Rosati will have to get into the finals. But Diego is going up against the Russian Ivan Pershin who won his first round match by ippon. I do not think Diego will get past Pershin though, he looks mean! By the way, I just learned a Repachage Round is, in Judo single elimination brackets are used to determine the two athletes who will compete in the final match for 1st and 2nd place. The repechage bracket is built by selecting all the athletes who were knocked out by a finalist and building brackets to determine third place. Well it is now official, Brian will not compete for the Bronze. Ivan Pershin not only defeated Diego Rosati by ippon but also his next competitor, Andrei Kazusenok of Belarus, man this guy is a tough, that is 3 wins by ippon. I will now be cheering on Irakli Tsirekidze of Georgia to beat the Russian Ivan Pershin in the 1st round of the finals - GO GEORGIA!!! Well Diego Rosati redeemed himself from that horrible 2nd round performance against Pershin with a win by ippon in his 1st Repechage match only to loose to Patrick Trezise of South Africa in his 2nd repechage match. Well it is 2:52am and the prelims & semi-finals have just ended. I am now officially a Judo fan. Good Luck to Rhonda Rousey of the USA as she competes for the Bronze. I will try to be up at 5am to watch the Finals but don't bet on it. Congratulation to the winners so far. Good night, or should I say good morning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
My name is Anita, I'm romanian and I live in Romania. A good friend of mine gave me the link to your blog and I must say that I am amazed of how God has worked in your heart to adopt. I've been praying about adopting myself and I must say that it's a huge encouragement to read what you wrote and to realize that it;s possible.
soo...you've been in Targu Mures. I've been there for the first time in my life, this summer and it;s a beautiful city, I loved it.
My e-mail address is anamaria@foartebine.org . if you feel like answering the ton of questions about adopting and stuff feel free to write me a short e-mail.
May God bless you and keep you close to Him!!
In Christ,
Anita:)