Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

With the preparation leading up to Christmas, I found myself at time too lazy to want to do anything. It wasn't that I was extremely busy, just lazy I guess. I was finally able to send our Christmas greetings out on Christmas Eve, but that was because my computer crashed and our picture card and letter was lost in the abyss inside. We had a wonderful Christmas and we hope all y'all did as well. We celebrated with my dad, sister, and her son on Christmas eve by going to their church's candle lit service and Rebekah made her presence known with loud resounding crying in the foyer which permiated into the sanctuary so the whole congregation was able to enjoy. She was tired and does not go to sleep while being held. After that we headed back to their house to open presents. Both Madeline and her cousin Nathan had a BLAST! After that we drove to Kelly's folks to celebrate our 2nd Christmas. We arrived at midnight and Madeline and her 2 other cousins, Reese and Teagan, were up bright and early at 6:30am. Presents were everywhere!! Madeline had asked Santa for a orange scooter, so when she woke up and looked around at the living room (which we slept in) she asked, "did Santa come?" I told her "yes, of course he came." She put her head down slowly on the pillow and said, "I'm disappointed...Santa did not bring me a scooter." Well I told her that he saw we were sleeping in here and probably did not want to wake us up so he left it in another room, so Madeline was satisfied with that and began searching the house. She found her Barbie scooter in the laundry room. A few minutes later wrapping paper was flying everywhere. Madeline and I are going to have a hard time going through all her old toys and deciding which ones to donate to pregnancy life line. (a organization who assist pregnany women and teens who need help). I am not looking forward to that.

We do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are blessed this coming year.
one chubby rebekah
Daddy & Rebekah

Madleline is still a bit standoffish about Santa, but at least she will sit near him and not run away and cry.


Madeline, Rebekah, and cousin Nathan at the candlelight service.

A very tired Rebekah, who in about 30 minutes from now will begin to scream loudly for all the congregation to enjoy.

Wake up Daddy (uncle Kelly)! LETS OPEN PRESENTS!!

Look, I can play the piano!

What a stash of presents I have.

"Baby Alive" Rebekah.

Madeline learning the fine art of riding a scooter.

This is the photo I will use if I ever intend to blackmail Kelly.

Madeline, Rebekah and the cousins. This was a fun picture to take.

FEET

1 comment:

Rich and Karyn Speakman said...

Merry Christmas to you, too! What a different kind of Christmas it was THIS year now that your sweet Rebekah is here! This has been a year full of blessings for you and your family. I loved all of the pictures...thanks for sharing :)