Tuesday, May 26, 2009

conquering fear

It is spring time in North Texas and with spring comes severe weather and with severe weather I run and hide. I grew up in Northern California and experienced only 5 severe thunderstorms, THEN I moved to North Texas. I have been living here for 12 years now and have NEVER got use to these storms. However, tonight (though the storm had passed and was well into Arlington) I was able to watch the "beauty" of lightening from a distance. This is not to say that I have conquered my fear of severe thunderstorms ~ there still is that whole tornado aspect to them ~ but it is a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

comingaroundagain said...

Wow! I love the photos! As crazy as this will sound; I love storms and I miss the thunder storms in TX. I like them here but I have developed (possibly a 'healthy') little fear of them because, seriously, trees fall down very easily here! If the wind blows too strongly, trees fall! I've heard many times how they have fallen on passing cars, with some fatalities. . . and they block roads etc. I never had any fear of trees falling on me during a thunderstorm in TX . . . only after living here in East TN. . . .