Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today is the 1st day of spring. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I get so excited about the tree blossoming and waking from their winter nap. The grass turns bright green and all the wild flowers beging popping up everywhere. Growing up in California when you began seeing the Yellow Poppies you knew spring was near. Mom made up a song, "I see California Poppies, I see California Poppies, I see California Poppies, that means spring is near." I know it is just a simple little song but even today whenever I see the Texas Bluebonnets blooming I think of that song and I am taken back driving in the car with Mom singing that song & enjoying goofy times with my mother. I find I get excited over the simplest of things and a full orange moon is one of them. Last night I was able to take some pictures of a big orange moon rising over field with a church in the far distance. Tonight I will be out again, the moon is suppose to be the closest to the earth since 1983. I am amazed at God's creation and how it puts me in awe.

No comments: