Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I know if I do not ever want to go through that again, I know that Madeline does not want to either! What an awful experience!! Yes those are TEETH!! Madeline had to have her 2 lower cuspids pulled to allow room for her other teeth to grow in. Thing was, they were not even remotely loose. You can see that one of them was close to 3/4 of an inch long with the other not very far behind. UGH!!! She was brave up until the time the mouth holder opener went in and then the tears burst out of her little eyes. I was good until the tooth puller thing~a~ma~jig came out. There is just something about your child going through something that scary & painful and you cannot do anything about it. Whats worse, I set up the appointment and drove her there. I was in tears as well. I called Kelly once we were out of there and told him this is the last time I do that, next time it is his turn. Rebekah was with us and did her best to try to comfort Madeline by holding onto her foot but in the end she just stood in the corner during the worst of it. Madeline got her favorite food, Boston Market Macaroni & Cheese for dinner along with a Wendy's frosty.

still all smiles in the beginning

Tears, gauze, & groggy

the craters left behind

smiles return

the cuspids

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Holy cow! She's a tough little thing! Poor Mad, tell her she's my hero!

comingaroundagain said...

Yikes!!